Thursday, December 10, 2009

Welcome Kenzley Jackman

Kenzley Jackman made her grand entrance December 9th 2009 at 5:35 pm weighing 7lbs 12 ounces and 20 inches long with a head full of hair!


I will need to back up to let you know that 10 months ago we signed up for the supplemental insurance. Some of you may know about how it works. It's an insurance that you pay for monthly and then you receive a payout when you deliver. You have to have been paying the insurance for 10 months before you can receive the payout. Well December 9th was our 10 month day! Ever since I found out I was pregnant it's been well you better make it to December 9th so we can receive the payout and my due date was December 11th so I was naturally nervous I wouldn't make it to that day with it being so close and since I had Cohen a week early. If I wouldn't have made it I probably would have never heard the end of it so I am very glad me and Kenzley made it to that day, we had been counting down for quite a while and was nervous about it. So it was funny when I had been feeling pretty good but then the morning of December 9th at 2am I woke up with contractions. They weren't terrible and they were about 5 to 6 minutes apart so I just hung out, watched some tv, did a couple loads of laundry, baked some muffins for breakfast. Just tried to keep busy because I could not fall back asleep. Finally after Cohen had woken up and we had breakfast we decided to go ahead and go to the hospital. We got there at 10:30 am and my contractions were getting a little worse and were about 4 to 5 minutes apart by now. We get checked in and much to our dismay I was only dialated to a 2 and 80 percent effaced so I really wasn't very far. We had a very nice nurse though and she was rooting for us to stay. So we got hooked up to the machines and waited around for an hour and she came back and checked me and said I was only a 2 plus, more depressing news. But thanks to her she let us go walk around the hospital for an hour. We hurried and got something to eat since that would hopefully be the last time I would eat for awhile. Once we got back up there I was dialated close to a 3. They then decided we could stay and they would break my water. After an hour I was then to a 4 so the nurse decided to give me some Pitocin which I had with Cohen and I was still slow so we thought it would still be awhile. I just hung out there and Dallas did some work phone calls and worked on the phone and then she came in an hour later to check and she was so surprised and said your there! I said what to a 10 and she said yes we are ready to have this baby. We were in complete shock that it all of a sudden went that fast. The doctor came in and I started pushing at 5:23 I pushed and Dallas said the first push he could just see tons of dark hair and they just kept talking about it. Then a few pushes later at 5:35 Kenzley came. I was so relieved and then they even put her on my chest as soon as she came out she even had the cord still hooked to her. It was such a cool experience because with Cohen they wisked him away so fast that I didn't even get to see him but with her I was holding her right when she came out before she got cut or cleaned or anything. It was amazing. Dallas got to cut the cord this time so that was exciting. Then they took her to clean her up and weigh her and such and brought her back for me to have skin to skin time. I loved it! After an hour they took her and Dallas and gave her a bath and I just stayed up there and ate dinner. Which was so delicious after all of that.





We also lucked out. Starting just this past Monday they changed the visitor rules from only 2 visitors and no kids under 14 to only no sick people. We were thrilled that Cohen was able to come. He got there and while we were bathing her so he looked through the glass and he was so sad. He hates the doctors and didn't love that we were at the doctors. It took him awhile to understand what was going on and that it was good we were at the doctors.
Our first family picture
Grandma Cottrell
Grandma Utley
Grandpa Utley
I love this picture of Cohen giving me a kiss. He is such a sweet boy.
And he loves giving his little sister kisses.



Deja vu I swear I have a picture just like this of when Cohen was a baby. Daddy sure gets tired throughout this process!
Happy big brother!





You can't see but in this picture she has so much fur on her back and ears it's so cute!

Uncle CJ
Getting ready to go home! We got there Wednesday morning and left Thursday night I was surprised they let us go home that early!
Isn't she so cute all bundled up. It was so cold and I wanted to make sure she was kept real warm!



Cohen was so funny when we got home he looked at me and my tummy and said where baby kenzley go? Then we got her out of the car seat and he said there she is.



I'm sure I will be posting lots and lots of pictures to come. I just have to say I am so thankful for her safe arrival. She is absolutely perfect and so sweet. She doesn't cry very loud, but she does fight me on nursing so we are working on that. But she is the sweetest little thing. I can't get over how gorgeous she looks. She is perfect! Whats also crazy is she looks alot like I did when I was born so if I can find a baby picture of me I will post it and see what you think. It's crazy also that I have two little ones to take care of now, but oh how I love them both. They are amazing and I am so glad to have one of each. I can already tell that me and Kenzley are going to be best friends. I love her to pieces!

I forgot to post our maternity pictures so here are some of those.









Poor Cohen he is getting so squished by his sister!
Of course this would be my boys favorite tree at the Festival of trees. If you can't tell it's a dirt biking tree. There were cohen's play dirt bikes all over in the tree, and they were giving away a little bike and gear. It was cute they loved it. Very creative.


I love the Festival of the Trees the whole concept behind it is amazing and I love looking at all the trees it puts me in the spirit!
This is how we found Cohen one night. We walked in there wondering where he was and he was hiding under his pillow!

15 comments:

Becky said...

Congratulations Candice!! She is sooo beautiful, I cannot believe the hair! I always wanted a baby with hair like hers, never got one, but she is so beautiful!! Let me know if you need anything!

D'Laina said...

Congrats! I can't believe all that hair. So nice Cohen got to come into the hospital room I bet you were so happy! What a perfect Christmas present your sweet girl is!! Miss seeing you at work :(

C.J. and Jackie said...

She is the cutest thing. Love you guys lots

Heather said...

Ok she is one of the cutest newborns I have ever seen, hands down. I need to come hold her!!! And by the way you looked too pretty in those pictures to have just had a baby, that is just not right! :)

Unknown said...

Awww... I just love the dark hair! I can't wait to see big bows in it! I can't wait to hold her too! Congratulations and we will see you next week! Love Ya!

Nikki Taylor said...

Thanks again for letting me come and hold her for hours! I know I have already told you a few times but she is BEAUTIFUL!!! Seriously, she is one of the most beautiful newborns I have ever seen. She is just perfect. You guys did good! You have such a darling little family. I am so happy for you guys and can't wait to come see her again! ;) Hope you guys get some rest!

Cari said...

Such a lucky girl to have all that hair! Congrats on the birth of Kenzley, having two is WAY better than having one; you will love it!

Amber and Chase said...

OMGOSH! She is so freaking adorable! Im so happy for you two! I love the pictures with her and Cohen. You are so blessed to have such a cute family! I love her little white outfit lol. I wanna come hold her sometime soon! Let me know when works for you and let me know if you need anything! Im done with school and havent started work so Id love to help with anything you need. Love you!

The Mortensens said...

Congrats!!!! She is so cute. We have a present for her, is Dallas going to be at the Christmas party? We are glad everything went well. Good luck with everything.

DEALS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colby and Steph said...

Candice she is so cute. I am so glad everything went well. I can't believe how much she looks like you, if I can remember right from you baby pictures. I can't wait to come down and see her. Congratulations!!!

wuxiheather said...

Wow that hair is amazing. I like your maternity pictures. I didn't do that. It wasn't really a way I wanted to remember myself looking. :) But you look cute. Do you seriously not have any stretch marks on your belly? That is SO not cool!

Melanie and Ernie said...

Congrats...she is absolutely adorable, and that hair....so cute!!!! Good luck with the transition of one to two. Keep posting pics!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations you guys!! We can't wait to come see our beautiful little niece!! You have such a beautiful family, every time we see pictures of Cohen we just crack up. You can see his personality come out in every pic! Love you all!

The Browers said...

She is gorgeous!It sounds like everything went awesome. I am so happy that Cohen was able to come to the hospital. Hopefully it will still be like that when we have our little girl in a few months. Can't wait to come visit. Let us know if you need anything.