Sunday, June 23, 2013

Brinley's Birth Story

 The day had finally came. But it all started a week earlier. When I had gone to my doctors weekly appointment I was already dialated to a 3 and fully effaced so my doctor said we could strip my membranes that day. I decided not to because with my first two kids two days after they stripped my membranes we had a baby. And it was a Tuesday and Cohen had a dirtbike race Friday night which I of course didn't want to miss and Dallas wouldn't miss that so I definitely didn't want to be in labor by myself. So we decided to come back Friday morning and she would strip my membranes then. So a couple days later I went back and she stripped my membranes and boy do I not remember that hurting that bad! After that I was hoping that she would come Sunday. We went to the races and had a fabulous night. Cohen got his first place and Dallas raced so it was a great night. On the way home at 1am I started having contractions 2-3 minutes apart in Dallas' truck. I swear every time I drove in his truck I would start to have contractions. We got home and I was so tired that I decided to just go to bed and the contractions stopped. The next day Dallas and Cohen were going dirtbiking again and I got roped into going because Kenzley threw a fit and wanted to go too. On our way there we had to drive on a dirt road and I had to have Dallas stop because one of my contractions hurt so bad. But again once we stopped my contractions stopped. Then Sunday came and I woke up feeling great. So we went to church and family dinner and I had no contractions I was so confused and mad because I honestly thought I was going to have a baby that weekend. I went back to my doctors on Tuesday and I think she was even shocked to see me. She stripped my membranes again and it didn't hurt as bad. She said I could go in labor that night or we could set it up and have me induced the next day. On the spot I got nervous so I said no lets do it Friday because my mother n law works wed, thurs and fri so it would be easier to just wait till Friday. So we made it all the way till Friday and was waiting for the hospital to call me at 6 am and they didn't so I called them at 630 and they told me that I was not on their list and they were pretty busy but they would confirm it with my doctor and get back to me. Well I was pretty upset when I heard that news because I was beyond done being pregnant and didn't want to wait till my doctors office opened up at 9. Well luckily for my sake at about 7:30 right when Dallas left for work I started having contractions 4-5 minutes apart and they kept up for quite awhile. Dallas had to go to Bluffdale and get his guys started and then was coming back so I called my mother n law and said it was time. She came down and me and Dallas left for the hospital around 10am. Oh and in that time the nurse called back and said that even though they were busy they still had a couple rooms and nurses so I could come in. I said that my contractions had started so we were coming in anyways. We got there and waited for a half hour in the waiting room and finally got admitted into my room at 11am. They started the pitocin at 11:45 and I had told Dallas to go grab lunch because he hadn't had any breakfast or lunch and was starving and I thought it would be a minute. Well at 12:15 the contractions were getting unbearable and I couldn't reach my phone because I was all hooked up and finally I got up enough to reach it and called Dallas to come back because I wanted my epidural. The came in around 12:45 and started that process which was awful. I was crying because the contractions hurt and he wasn't waiting for them and wasn't gentle at all. It just hurt so bad! Then at 1:30 we heard a pop on the monitor and I just assumed the baby had kicked really hard but then I thought I was peeing, so the nurse came in and said that my water had broken and it would be soon. I think after that I was dialated to an 8. I could feel so much pressure and I felt like the epidural wasn't near as good as I remembered but I think it was just taking time to go all the way through my body. Well right before 2 I was dialated to a 10 so I started pushing and I think the epidural finally was setting in. Then at 2:07 Brinley arrived with a head full of hair, 8lbs 3 oz and 20 inches long. It happened so fast I couldn't believe it. They took her and started checking her out and then they asked for a respitory doctor to come in and check on her. They said they needed to take her to the Nicu but I asked if I could at least hold her real quick and my nurse said yes. So I held her for only a minute then they took her away and said she would be gone for an hour. I hate when they take the babies away because they leave you in there all alone. I felt like I was in there forever with no baby. The nurse took me to the recovery room and I sat in there and waited and waited and waited but she was not coming out of the Nicu. I finally was able to go up to the Nicu and visit her. I guess she had some fluid in her lungs and they were waiting for her to clear it up on her own. Well needless to say that was a very long day. I hated being in my room with no baby let a lone I was worried that I hadn't started nursing her yet. It seriously was such a long day without her and I hated every minute of it. I felt like we weren't bonding and she didn't even know who we were yet since she was up there hooked to machines. Finally at midnight she was released and I had the nurse wake me up because I wanted to watch them give her a bath since I have never seen the other kids get theres. She did not like it. She screamed quite a bit but once they started scrubbing her hair she stopped! Then when it was all said and done she just sprawled out and looked comfy.





 Daddys first time holding her 9 hours after being born.


 Getting her sponge bath and not loving it.




 Ah that does feel good!

 So glad they are done bugging her!

The kids were so excited to see her. Kenzley keeps calling her her baby! She loves her to death! And so does Cohen he is already so protective of her.
 Cousin Oakley holding her.
 Cousin Chloe
 Grandma Jaymie
 Cousin Cayman
 Aunt July
 Uncle Cory


 Kenzley was thrilled when Brinely held her hand

 Grandma Connie
 Uncle CJ and cousin Jackson
 Aunt Jackie
 And look at that cutie!!!

 I must say even though it was painful I really enjoyed my stay at the hospital. It was a nice quiet break. I rarely had the tv on because honestly I was enjoying the quiet so much and I didn't have to go anywhere or do anything I could just lay there and love my baby. When Kenzley was born we left the hospital a day early because I felt so bad for Cohen but this time I stayed the full time so I could really recover more and just relax and it was awesome. Well as awesome as it could be for just having a baby.
Here we are about to leave with our new bundle of joy.
 In her car seat all ready to go!

 The kids were so excited to have her home and us! They ask to hold her so much it is so cute. I love seeing how much these three already love eachother!
 Quick popsicle break!


 Kenzley loving Brinley.
So there is her birth story. It happened super fast and was more painful than I remember but I am so glad to finally have her here and to never have to do this again. (Well hopefully) We love her to pieces and can't wait for all the fun moments ahead!

1 comment:

Nikki Taylor said...

Thank you for posting this!! GAH! She is just the prettiest little thing. You guys do make beautiful children- no doubt about it! I am glad she is finally here and I can't wait to get my hands on her! Congrats again!