Saturday, December 27, 2014

RMR MotoCross Banquet and Awards



 The kids checking out what they want for Christmas.
 I love the view of the moon over the lake. I took this while walking Kenz to her gymnastics class. So pretty!
 We had the kids Dirt Biking Banquet and Awards dinner coming up and the invitation said formal. Well we all know Kenz Hates wearing dresses so I took her out shopping to see if I could find her some cute dress pants. Plus I figured since it was a dirt biking even does she really need to wear a dress and be uncomfortable in it all night when it's her night. We went shopping and she is hilarious. Probably not my favorite to go shopping with because we have such different taste but hilarious none the less. We found her some really cute dress pants and she of course fell in love with them.
 Well I found some dresses to have her try on and you can tell by the pictures how much she liked those.





Needless to say we went with the dress pants! She was happy and said thanks for being on my team!

 One day the kids came in screaming that Kenz was hurt. Her girlfriend carried her in the house and she had a pretty deep gash right above her eye. Now I have never needed stitches or really been around it too much so when I looked at it and you could see the insides look really gushy and start to come out, yes I did freak out. There is a reason I am not a nurse! I called Dallas in my frantic state and said where are you, because who knows where he could be when at work, he is all over the place. Luckily he was just at his office on 7200 s so I said you need to stop whatever you are doing and come home right now. Kenzley cut her eye open. Now looking back I didn't say it properly and he thought she literally cut her actual eye open but what I meant to say was above her eye brow. So at first he said yeah go to the hospital but once I sent him the picture and could tell him what happened he said to stay home and he would come home and glue it. Well I was already on the way in our car so he met us at the gas station to look at it and decide if we really needed to go to the hospital or if he could glue it. He decided he could glue it and back home we went. Kenz was a trooper the whole time. So what happened was the kids were out riding bikes and Cohen was riding his and jumping off a jump. Kenz decided to run right across where he jumped and it so happened to be he had just jumped. Kenz tripped so Cohen's bike landed on her and ran her over. We are assuming Cohen's pedal probably is what scratched her.


 Now off to the year end Banquet Award dinner. This is our first year going to this banquet and it was amazing. I loved how they had all the trophies displayed up there for the background it was so cool. They provided a nice dinner so we could eat and visit with all of our friends. They also had a slide show going of pictures of all the racers. That was fun to watch as well.

 There is one of Cohen's slide show pictures.
 A good looking group of racers!


 Me with my two crazy racers!

 Silly faces!
 Some of the coolest chicks I know! I have loved having these two girls at the races with to hang out with and it doesn't hurt that I love their families too! We have so much fun together!

 Cohen accepting his trophy. They also had each kid thank whoever they wanted to. It was so cute to hear these little ones. Cohen thanked his mom and dad, grandparents and the flaggers. Kenz thanked her mom and dad and Kurt (he is the one who is in charge of everything) for keeping her safe. It was so sweet.
 Cohen and Kenz with their 2nd and 3 place trophies.
 Cohen took 2nd in Pee Wee 7-8

 Cohen took 3rd in Pee Wee Open.




 Kenz took 2nd in Pee Wee Shaft. She is the youngest girl out there!

 How cute are these 4 year olds trying to carry those big ole trophies.
 Kenzley took 3rd in Powder Puff. The next oldest girl is I think 7 or 8 I am so proud of her!
This is heavy mom!


 I think Dad deserves a trophy as well for all the hard work he puts into the kids and running after them on the track!
 My Motocross Family! So proud of these two! They had a amazing year!






 Here are a couple of our date nights. Our date nights are far and few between but when we get them I cherish spending time with this guy!
Dallas knows how much I love Thriller so this year he surprised me with a date night there. He called me on a Wednesday and said do you want to go on a date with me and I said yes but why on a Wednesday and he just said because. He already had his mom on her way out to watch the kids so I hurried and got ready. He came and picked me up and we started driving to Salt Lake. I was a little confused because usually we just stay near by and go to dinner somewhere and he said do you want Cheesecake Factory for dinner and of course I would say yes to that. Then as we were pulling in he said and afterwards we are going to see Thriller. I was so excited I started crying. Like I said we don't have too many date nights and for him to completely surprise me and have it all set up meant the world to me. I was feeling a little down lately because all we do is motocross, which don't get me wrong I do love it but sometimes I need a break and would love to do the stuff I like to do. So this was literally the best surprise I could have asked for and great timing.
 Another date we went and shot guns because I have never done it and since Dallas has one I figured I better learn more about it. I wish I could say I liked it but I didn't. I am one of the jumpiest people you will ever meet so as we are walking in Dallas said, "Now Candice there are going to be a lot of loud sounds" I was a little annoyed because duh I think I know that, but yet I still jumped. I would try so hard not to when a gun went off but I couldn't help it. And there were some really loud guns! But I am proud of myself for trying it but it definitely won't be one of my new hobbies!
 Another picture of us Motocross mom!



No comments: