Monday, June 1, 2009

Disneyland Vacation!!!



We just got back from Disneyland and had a blast but first I need to rewind to before since I never have the computer at home it's hard to blog. So here are some pictures of Cohen playing outside in his swimming pool. He loved it! I will warn you this will be a long post full of lots of pictures and rambling by me!

This is him asking for hugs!


When I brought Cohen in he ran and hid and this is where I found him! I thought it was so cute!

Above is my mothers day present. Dallas was so sweet that day, I had been wanting patio furniture for quite awhile and he surprised me with it. He also that morning made me my favorite breakfast which is French Toast and I was so happy since morning have been kind of hard for me and I haven't really cooked much for the past couple of weeks so I was so thrilled that Dallas made me something!
Below is where we start our vacation! Luckily Dallas got all caught up with work so we were able to leave tuesday night instead of wednesday after work! I was so happy when he came home and told me we could leave! So we left around 10pm which was so late and Cohen was wide awake. I think he knew something exciting was going to happen because right before he was running all around the house and was so hyper. Then we put a movie in for him and he would not fall asleep until way late. We finally made it to Mesquite where we were going to stay and try and split up the drive for all our sake but Mesquite was sold out I guess they were having a golf tournament. We then decided to just go ahead and make our way to Vegas where we stayed at the Tuscany. We stayed there last time for Motocross and it was way nice. We called around to see prices and they were by far the cheapest, it only was 25 bucks and it is way nice. The room was probably as big as our first apartment we had together. And definitely bigger than most hotel rooms I stay in. We then all slept since we were exhausted and then as always Cohen is our alarm clock so once he woke up we decided to take him swimming and he of course loved it.


However it wore him out which was great. As soon as we left we went to Mcdonalds to get him and me lunch and he had one bite and fell asleep holding his food.  Once we got there we decided to go straight over to Disneyland of course. There is a shuttle that picks you up from the hotel and takes you straight to disneyland. Cohen was so excited just for the bus ride he kept saying bus bus and was so happy. People were laughing because if he was this excited just for a bus ride then just imagine what disneyland would be like!


Of course the first ride we decided to go on was the Buzz light year ride. Cohen was in 7th heaven. Once you walk in there there is a huge Buss light year who talks to you and Cohen just kept yelling Buzz hug Buzz wait it was so cute! He loves Buzz Light year. The ride he was mostly overwhelmed and just had big eyes watching everything. I think with the first day or two he was just so overwhelmed with the crowds and the new experiences and I loved watching all of his reactions.



Once we got out of the ride it takes you into a souvenir shop and we decided to buy him a buzz light year doll and he wouldn't let go of it and kept giving him hugs. He was one happy boy.

We stayed at disneyland for a little bit and then left because we all got tickets to an Angels game! We headed over there and I just love going to Baseball games, I love walking into the huge stadium and seeing the field and of course you have to get a hot dog. It's a great experience and Cohen loved it he sat on daddy's lap and kept yelling go go go! I have to laugh though because last time me and Dal came to disneyland just three years ago this summer that was his first major league baseball game at age 25. Which to me is just so crazy but that was something I grew up with as my family loved baseball so we would go quite a bit. But we were talking about it and his cousin Spencer who was there with us who is in his late 20's I think well that was his first major league game! I was just so shocked that these grown boys and this was there first game. So I am proud to say that my almost two year old has them completely beat and has already been to his first ball game and loved it! However, I will give Dallas credit as I said at the ball game that motocross is almost a little more exciting then ball games, but they are still way fun and I love being able to do different things.

These are the brave people who went on tower of terror and I am proud to say I was not one of them I graciously stayed back with Cohen!  Even little Chloe went on this ride granted she was in tears when she got off but what a brave 4 year old. Here I am twice her age and that ride terrifies me and she went at 4 years old!
The next morning we went to Live Disney which by far was my most favorite part of the trip! Cohen loved it and I loved watching him love it! He was so happy and was just jumping up and down yelling mickey and manny and hammer! He would even cup his hands around his mouth! He was cracking me up! It really was such a cute presentation I would recommend it to anyone whose toddler watches play house disney



Here I think we were on the monsters inc ride. But whenever we went on rides well for the first couple of days when a ride would go dark he would bring his hands up to his mouth like that and that was his scared face! I have to admit that it was pretty darn cute.

He didn't love Sully though.

This is the Bugs life movie that we watched. And I don't think Cohen loved it he did his scared face but he covered one of his eyes so he only watched with one eye.

Around 3pm Cohen was done. He fell asleep in dal's arms but still he was so cute he never got onry or crabby. I did feel bad though because we were waiting in the new toy story ride so we had to wake him up once we got to the ride.
Whenever he got in his stroller he always held his hands together. I was laughing so hard if only he would sit like that in church. But he was always so good in his stroller.

He also got to see his other favorite stars which is Lightening and Mator and that made his day!

Here we are waiting for the brave people to pass us on the screamer roller coaster  and of course I volunteered to watch the kids while they went on these insane rides!

Here we are at the celebration parade and Cohen finally got to see Woody and he was just a dancing up on Dad's shoulders which I'm sure weren't to comfortable for dad! but everyone else got a kick out of it! He just kept yelling woody woody wait! I love being able to see him this happy!



Tea cups were also fun. The men couldn't handle this ride which is funny considering they do all sorts of crazy rides but none of them wanted to do the teacups so us girls took the kids. I loved watching cohen's face he was laughing so hard and was enjoying spinning the tea cup. He would laugh so hard and we were spinning and he would lose his balance. It was hilarious!


I also loved watching Cohen on it's a small world. He loved the fact that he was in a boat and his eyes just bright up when he sees everything and he is just pointing everything out to you!







This is some of Mickey's house. He wasn't there which was a huge bummer I have never seen him in his house but luckily Minnie was over at her house so we went over there!


Cohen shhssing us
In line he kept yelling Minnie and Mickey Mouse I thought it was precious because this is the first time he has started saying Mickey and Minnie Mouse is on this trip. And lets face it anything that little kids say is so dang cute because they say it in such a cute voice and cute way.


Cohen trying to pull out the sword.
To say the least we had the time of our lives. The company we went with was amazing we just love them all so much and are so glad we were all able to go together and play! Disneyland was amazing of course, you can't really go wrong with Disneyland. I wish though that the weather would have been a little nicer we only saw the sun the first day and the rest of the days it was in the high 60's so we were unable to go to the beach and play which completely bummed me out because I was really looking forward to showing Cohen the ocean and beach for the first time. He would have loved it. However once we got there it was just way too cold so we got lunch and drove back to disneyland. This trip was many firsts for Cohen and I am so grateful and feel so blessed that we were able to take him and let him experience it all! When we were leaving the hotel they had a mickey mouse statue in the hotel and everytime we would walk in cohen would yell Mickey Mickey Mouse and this last time we told him to tell Mickey Mouse bye and he got so sad he lowered his head and eyes and stuck out his bottom lip. It was so funny to see him understand everything because the first day he was completely taken off guard and was so confused at what was going on and then by the last couple days he knew as soon as we left the hotel room and got in his stroller that he was off to disneyland, so it was sad to see how sad he was when the trip came to an end. But we left and we drove to Buffalo Bills where Dallas had to stop and ride their roller coaster, I as always volunteered to watch the kids! But everyone that went on the ride said it was the best roller coaster they had been on! We finally made it to St. George where we stopped at Outback and ate and I got to see a couple of people that I use to work with and that is always fun, then we went back to Stacey's so Cohen could get out and run around and play with the kids. He loves jumping on their trampoline and laughs so hard! We left there and I think the trampoline wore him out because as soon as we got in the car he fell asleep and was asleep almost the whole way home! I have to say as fun as vacations are it is so nice to be home and have Cohen in his own bed. However I shouldn't complain because I didn't have to sleep with him on vacation, Dallas slept with him the whole time and I got my own bed to myself! But I'm sure Cohen loves his bed so much better! Well I will stop rambling but really this was such a fun trip for all of us! I look forward to many more! 








4 comments:

Nikki Taylor said...

How cute is Cohen?! Those videos of him dancing on Dallas's shoulders is the cutest thing ever! Looks like you guys had SO much fun. I am jealous! I hope you weren't too sick and were able to enjoy the time with your family. We need to get together soon! I miss you!

C.J. and Jackie said...

It looks like you guys had fun. I'm jealous you were able to go to a baseball game and of course Jackie will be jealous you went to Disneyland. She keeps begging me to take her again even though we went 3 times last October, and probably 10 times in the last two years.

Anonymous said...

Oh the memories. I am so happy you had such a good time. Cohen looked thrilled and enchanted with this new adventure. I was glad my folk gave me the videos of our first family trip to the beach and Disneyland. Just imagine Candice was Cohen's age when she went for the first time. Oh being a parent is so fun. I love you three and the partial new one. What joy you havein store. Thank you so muchfor the update. Love Lit'l Grandma Connie

Anonymous said...

Hi... just happen to cross your site...

Im planning to go to Tokyo or Hong Kong Disney this Christmas. Hoho and I found some stuffs from Hong Kong Disneyland here as well:
disneycloth.cwahi.net

I will definitely take tones of photos there!!!