Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lake Powell 2011

What a trip we have had! A few months ago me and Dallas went to the boat show and while we were there we filled out a paper to hopefully win a houseboat. I have known about this trip for 2 years now and have always thought it would be a blast to win. Especially since I have never been on a houseboat before. A couple of months after the boat show Dallas received a call saying that we won a free houseboat. At first I didn't believe it but then it started to become legit and we really did win! We could use it once the peak season was over, so we requested the first weekend after the peak season which I think was the first weekend in September and it was already booked so we got the second week. Still a perfect week if you ask me. Still hot from the summer and not quite cold yet. We decided to invite our sand dune friends which are our really good friends. The closer the trip got the more stressed out I got. I was nervous about what we were going to eat how were we going to get the food down there and lets face it I'm just a stress case! The day before we went me Dallas, Jono, Jaris and Nicki all went to Costco and Walmart loaded up on food. Me and Stacy had pretty much figured out the menu and now it was time to get all the food. We did pretty good financial wise on the food it cost a little over 500 bucks. So this trip would be fairly cheap for everyone which isn't bad. Who would complain about that free house boat, and probably 40 bucks a day for food! That night we packed up the boat full of food, packed up for coolers for of food and at 530 in the morning we were off to Lake Powell. We decided to leave Kenzley back so I could enjoy some of the trip better cause last time we had both kids and I didn't get to have near as much fun. Plus Kenzley has no fear of the water so we were afraid she would jump off the boat and she hates wearing her life jacket. And lets face it Kenzley isn't always the easiest child, she is very stubborn and likes things done her way so it was'nt in her cards to go on this trip this year. My mother n law Jaymie was nice enough to watch her while we were gone. We drove down to Powell and got there we were all expecting a piece of junk house boat but to our pleasant surprise the house boat was really really nice. Plenty of room for people to sit and a big enough kitchen. They had a cooler, a barbeque pretty much everything you need including linens, sheets pillows everything which will be great to know for next time because I packed everything not thinking they would have any of that. There was three bedrooms with four beds, and two bathrooms. It worked out perfect because the bottom bedroom had two beds in it so that's where all of the kids slept. Except Cohen would always wake up in the middle of the night and end up in bed with me and Dallas on top of the deck. We took off in the houseboat and Jono drove us to our destination. Dallas found a perfect spot in gunsite where you would go through a semi small crevice and it would open up a little bit there were two houseboats at the beginning but once they left we had the place all to ourselves. From there on out there was alot of boating, jet skiing, swimming games, lots of food and so much fun with friends. Despite me freaking out with stress the trip couldn't have gone any smoother!



Captain Jono
Me chilling as soon as we got there
Had to shake my booty for everyone! So nice to have fun and not have to be attached to my kids at all times!
Me and Nicki the twins!

Cohen peeing off the boat. Look at the cute bum cheek. All the guys there were so impressed with how far Cohen could pee it was hilarious!


Dallas in the wake board boat!
Cohen so strong
Cohen, Chloe and Dakota swimming.


Captain Cohen
The kids being goof balls, probably watching a movie to wind down before bed. Cohen love loves his cousins so glad they could come with us.
Jaris and Nicki caught a lizard and brought it back to Cohen because Jaris and Cohen had talked earlier about catching one. Sad to say that lizard didn't live very long.Chilling the first night finishing up dinner. Well pretty much just Dallas is still eating as always.
Even the guys got real into the disney movies
Us playing Canadian salad.
Me riding Travis' jet ski it was actually alot of fun.


Cohen attempting to go down the slipnslide.
Dallas and Travis having a blast pulling eachother down the slip n slide with the jet ski. Those boys are crazy.


Now they are off knee boarding.



Enjoying and relaxing on the beach.
I'm ready for some boating got my camera and my drink let's go!
Nicki, Katie and I


Oh how I love Lake Powell's water I could swim in it all day!


Going wake boarding!



Cohen taking a nap on the boat!
Dakota was so funny he went down the slide backwards and I love his face! I think half way down he decided it probably wasn't such a good idea.






Again Dallas and Travis being crazy. By the end of the trip Dallas was standing on the front of the jet ski!






Dallas is king of the world
Brother and sister
Dallas and Marty cliff jumping.
We were driving by this beach when we saw these sand sculptures so we stopped to take a look and talked to the old men that were making them. They are two brothers who come here every year and make a sand sculpture. He even lighted them up for us. It was absolutely breath taking.

Love birds.



Nightly wind down.
Every morning, me Dallas and Stacy would go out on the boat so they could get some good skiing while everyone else was fast asleep. Love these two boys they are so cute!
Love watching Dallas ski he is amazing!




One of the days we went back to the Marina so we could pick up Spencer and his two boys. They were only able to come for half of the trip. Me and Ryker sleeping on the way back.

That day we decided to take a drive over to Rainbow Bridge to see it. I was so excited because I wanted to go for a drive and sight see since I have only been here a couple of times and everyone says how much more beautiful Bull Frog is so the closer we got to that area I can understand why. The scenery was stunning!



The boys looking at a map trying to figure out how to get there.







The whole gang at Rainbow bridge there is 16 of us 10 adults and 6 kids!



We forgot Cohen's flip flops so we had to carry him luckily it wasn't too long of a hike.
The ride back again I fell asleep!
Here is our camp site all to ourselves!

Then the other side where you come into it at.

All the cousins!

I love this picture, one because it's a man doing the dishes but I love how is son Brock is playing at the feet of him. So cute!
The kids ready to go tubing.


Cohen loved it up until they hit a bump then he was done just like his mamma!

I love Ryker's face in all these next pictures!





Apparently you need to wear a helmet to go tubing. But I love that Dallas is this little guy in between these two big guys!
They are saying Bring it on!
Now they're getting scared!Me tubing and absolutely hating it! I am such a wimp when it comes to this type of stuff. I get terrified. Little Oakley was so sweet and talking me through all the jumps saying it wouldn't be bad that was the worst of it ok your ok! It was so funny! But I was super glad once I got off!


Me taking pictures gotta love pictures!

D
allas and all the kids eating cookies and milk, he also looks like one of the kids!
Most of us sleeping up on top of the deck. It was a great slumber party!



C
aptain Dallas driving us back to the Marina :(

Me and Nicki loved these Titanic life jackets!Catching up on the hollywood gossip on the way back.

Back at the Marina getting gas.
All us girl in our matching dresses! No it was not planned at all we all brought the same dress so once we saw that of course we had to get a picture!

Packing up!


Goodbye Lake Powell! We will greatly miss you and had an amazing trip and created alot of fun memories. Hopefully all of us will go to the boat show again and enter and one of us will win this wonderful boat again!

On the way home we got a flat in the trailer thank heaven for these boys who know how to fix it!

3 comments:

Colby and Steph said...

What a fun trip. I love Lake Powell. So many fun memorizes there.

Melanie and Ernie said...

Looks like a BLAST!!! Very very jealous. We didn't make it to Powell this summer. Glad y'all had tons of fun

Coby and KaeDawn said...

Looks like you guys are having way too much fun!! I love your family picture at the top..you look so tiny and beautiful:) I know we always say it but we really need to get together!!