Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Lake Powell

 We have been wanting to go to Lake Powell but with how busy dirt biking keeps us it's been hard to get a free weekend. We finally got one and were back and forth on whether we should go or not and then literally at 2pm we finally decided what the heck lets just go. So I packed up and we were on the road by 430! That's what I have always loved about Dallas. Since the day I met him we have gone on spontateous trips and they have always been some of our more fond memories. We drove down Friday and stayed at Tickaboo lodge and it wasn't too bad of a hotel. Granted the last time we stayed at a hotel it was horrible so anything compared to that was like the Marriott for us. But I guess when I hopped out of the truck to go check in, there was a tarantula two feet from where I got out. Luckily I didn't see it or I probably would have died but Dallas and the kids did and Dallas kicked it away but he was pretty scared from it! Fortunately we never saw it again!
Brinley has been such a good easy going baby. She loved boating and never cried.

 If you look closely you can see Cohen's head poking out of the water. He swam pretty far to touch the mountain.
 Cohen getting ready to wake board for his first time!


 He got up on his second try, granted he didn't stay up for long but he did it.
 He was so cute out there the board is as big as him and it's a kid board.


 Love these two. Brin loved hanging out in the cuddy.
 So this is my first time ever going to Bull Frog so I had to get some scenery pictues.  It is absolutely breath taking. Dallas drove us around a lot for the first day so I could see some of the different canyons. It's amazing!






 Sorry I took a lot of pictures but it was too gorgeous not too, however the pictures do not do it justice!


 We found this area that had a tiny opening and then it was all mountain around it. So we anchored and had some lunch. It was so cool being in your own little part of the world. The kids got out and swam on the knee boards.


 I love this picture of Dallas and Brinley they are giving me the same face, like enough pictures already.

 Cohen and Dallas exploring the crack




 Some tubing fun.

 We found a little beach, it wasn't a great one, but Kenz was dying to play on a beach.

 Dad and the kids exploring.
 Kenzley was pretty wiped out after the day.
 Packing up to leave the hotel.

 Again it's too pretty not to take a picture even if it's from the boat ramp. I also got some practice pulling the trailer out of the water and parking it.

 Me and Cohen knee boarding together.

 Me and Kenz
 Cohen and Kenz.


 Found another beach.  A little better than the day before. It felt so great to swim in warm water!

 Brinley loved it!


 Here yelling OOhh!



 Sandy little baby! Love those chunker legs



 Brin would zonk out.

 I like to take pictures of tubing so be prepared for lots. It's hard to choose from so many.






















 Kneeboarding kiddos!























 And we are getting cocky now!



 We had a blast. Even though it was just us five it was a much needed vacation!


 And we are off to home. 2 down.
 Now all three!



1 comment:

Nikki Taylor said...

This post makes me SO happy! How I love Lake Powell...it seriously is the best place on earth. I am so glad you have been able to go and have been converted. What a fun family vacation. Doesn't get much better in my book! :)