Monday, October 5, 2009

Lake Powell Trip!

Well I finally made it to Lake Powell for my very first time and it is as beautiful as everyone says! We got down there Thursday evening and Dal wanted to take the boat out right then. It was just us three so he had to do it all since I can't drive his truck nor do I know how to drive a boat but he did it like a pro! We drove around antelope island and it was beautiful a little chilly but the water was warm and the scenery was great. The next day we went out with one of dallas' mission buddies and his family and we had a great day. The water is perfect, it was pretty much glass the entire day and fairly warm especially for October. The guys got out there and did their stuff and they did good! Bagely almost landed a back flip on the wake board so that was fun to watch! I stayed in the boat and played with the kids I wanted to get out and surf so bad but the only life jacket that fit me was an extra large and I was afraid it would go up over my head. That was a little depressing being so big but oh well better luck next summer! My brother got there that night so we just went to dinner then came back to the hotel which was a nightmare we had two rooms the night before and were suppose to have them the whole weekend so I go to take them to their room and the key doesn't work and some old guy with no shirt on answered the door talk about awkward. I was so mad and Dallas wasn't there cause he was towing a boat in from the lake, so I went down to get mad. And she was so rude just kept saying that we didn't have one and I was like obviously we did we used it last night and then she finally found the paper work and said that it had been checked out which we didn't finally she gave us another room but never once apologized I was so appalled. Talk about terrible customer service! Then to top it off the next day after boating our keys to our rooms didn't work. That hotel was such a nightmare. But back to the lake which was perfect! Saturday we went out and boated more and we even parked on a beach to let the kids play which they absolutely loved and wore them out. Cohen slept for almost two hours on the boat after that, which makes it relaxing for me. It was cute he would sleep on my belly like it was a pillow and Kenzley which just kick him and push so hard it made me laugh! Can't wait till she comes out so they can play! After that we went and looked and the dam which made me nervous it was so high up. Sunday we were all dressed and ready to go but it was really windy! So we just ended up coming home. All i all though it was an excellent vacation and look forward to many more trips down there! Thanks for everyone who came we had alot of fun and hope you did as well!











































5 comments:

Coby and KaeDawn said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun!! I love the picture of cohen using your belly as a pillow:) haha

Anonymous said...

great pictures, I love lake powell! I'm so glad you loved it!!

Anonymous said...

Finally had a minute to check up on the blogs. I am so glad you updated your post. I heard how fun Cory and July had. That was so nice of you to invite them. We will have to plan a weekend next year and have the whole family come. Love you guys. Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Candice! Guess what? I am sitting here with your mom and she's showing me your blog and all the exciting things happening in your life! Congrats on having another baby!

-Matt Larsen

Melanie said...

I can't believe that was your first trip to Powell...love that place. Looks like a blast!!! u r a super cute pregasaur!!!