Monday, December 13, 2010

Kenzley's 1st Birthday

What a busy weekend! Even though Kenzley is only 1 she celebrated her birthday for the whole weekend! Thursday night which was her real birthday her Grandpa Jim got us reservations to ride a train in Lindon. It's this neighborhood where they build train tracks and has a couple trains and they have pictures, lights, santa claus, they had the polar express movie playing while you waited. It was beyond any of my expectations. Needless to say it was amazing. I cannot believe they don't charge money for it I would. What great people they must be to put that much time and beautiful effort into it. Thank you so much Jim for taking us to such a fun place. I want to do it every year now!
Us waiting our turn and then boarding the train!




I was surprised when the train stopped and they asked us to get up and we went into their house and found Santa Claus. That was a nice surprise. Cohen went right up to him and said I want a new bike. After pictures with Santa he told a quick story and then we say Silent Night and loaded the train. We then saw pictures of Jesus Christ growing up and his ministry. They were beautiful pictures many of them I wanted to take home and hang up!






What a great experience it was. Afterward we went to Pizza Factory for dinner.

Friday night we invited a couple friends and family for dinner cake and ice cream to celebrate Kenzley's birthday. I have been a little obsessed with Potato soup ever since my friend made it for halloween and finally I made it all from scratch. I tried it out Monday night to make sure it was tasty enough to serve to people and it was. So I made that for our dinner and it was a hit which made me feel so good because I usually don't pride myself in being a good cook. But it was yummy!
This is the only picture I got of everyone.

Kenzley and Brock playing they are so cute together. They are only a week a part. It will be so fun for them to grow up together and be best buds.
Kenzley opening presents.










I love this picture of Kenzley, her and her treats she loves them.
Kenzley and Brock were so funny they both loved the couch. Everytime Kenzley got off of it and Brock noticed he would run over there and sot in it. They were so funny.

I love how Kenzley wanted to help her daddy put together her toys with a screwdriver.










Kenzley digging into her cake. I don't think she quite knew what to do with it and she didn't love getting dirty. It took her awhile to even dig into it.
















Sunday we celebrated her birthday again with my mom and brother Cory because they were in Disney World for her birthday.


Us watching a movie on Daddy's phone and Kenzley HAD to hold the phone and if you took it away she would cry. She is such a funny girl. Now when Cohen takes stuff she looks at us like well aren't you going to do anything. She needs to start sharing as well and doesn't quite get that yet!

Well I have to quickly say how thankful I am that we have Kenzley in our lives. I cannot get over how fast time has gone. She has grown up too quickly. She is always making us laugh by her girlish drama ways. She loves attention loves to be a part of everything. She loves her daddy to pieces. She will follow him all over the house. She is my little everything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right. So hard to believe a whole year has passed. Thanks for letting the travelers celebrate her birthday on Sunday. It was fun watching the kids interact. Happy Birthday Kenzley and Happy Anniversary to Dallas and Candice!

Nikki Taylor said...

That train ride looked so cool! How fun! I too can't believe Kenz is a year. What a beautiful girl she is!

Colby and Steph said...

What fun pictures. I love the video of the peek-a-boo. SO fun.

Unknown said...

I hate that your blog is private, it doesn't update and I missed like 3 posts from you!! But oh well, Kenz's Birthday looked like a lot of fun! Her cake was darling! Im sorry we missed it! I can't believe she is 1 already! Cute girl!