Sunday, July 24, 2011

California here we come!

I have been wanting to do a vacation for awhile. I am all about vacations and love them. At first I was begging to go on a cruise so for the past christmas and birthdays and such Dallas will give me money to go towards a cruise. Except for I changed my mind and thought it would be more fun to take the kids to California and do Disneyland, Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. I finally booked the trip and have been waiting and looking forward to the week! So here it finally came we left a week ago last friday and just got back today on Sunday. It is probably the longest trip me or Dallas have ever been on but it was so much fun spending time together and not having another care in the world! There are aton of pictures so it may take me awhile to get all the posts loaded but I will do my best! We left Friday evening and stayed at Dallas' sister's house in St. George. It is always fun to stay there and get the cousins together to play and catch up and relax. The start of our trip was starting out a little stressful because for some reason our reservation wasn't at the Condo that we were staying at but it was made and confirmed through our time share agency. After 5 days worth of phone calls they finally got it all figured out but I was sick to my stomach wondering if this trip was going to happen and we were already half way there. Luckily they got it all worked out and we got there and had a room. Despite all the drama of getting the room I really liked the condo. It had a full kitchen, dining area, family room, two big bedrooms and bathrooms and tons of closet space. I loved having all that space especially at night to send the kids to their own room and they slept very well together in the same room too! When we got there Kenzley was dying to go swimming so we went swimming for awhile and then went to downtown disney to pick up our passes for the week. Then we went to Target to grab groceries also. It was nice to be able to have our own food and not have to always go out to eat. Sunday morning we woke up and drove down to San Diego Zoo. None of us had ever been there and were excited. We were told to go on the bus as soon as we got there since the zoo was so big. That way we could see alot of it and then we could go back to the animals or things we really wanted to see. While on the bus I saw this cute baby and then I looked at the people around her and it was my good friend from high school Nikki. As soon as we got off the bus we went down to where they were eating and met up with them. It was so funny and random to run into a friend in San Diego.
Kenzley loved the bus ride.

She was always turning around to tell Dallas something.



Cohen was excited to see the Panda Bear. He calls him Po from Kung Fu Panda. You had to wait in a line to get in the exhibit just to see him sleeping. A little disappointing but I guess that is a zoo for you. The animals are usually just sleeping.

It took quite awhile for Kenzley to fall asleep in the stroller. By the end of the week she got use to it.






It was cute watching the kids hold hands. They are very sweet to eachother.
Of course the kids always want to be with their daddy!
After the zoo we were lucky enough to be close to the San Diego temple. Dallas had never seen it so it was fun for us to go. That is probably my favorite temple. I hope someday we can go do some work inside there. Guess we will have to wait till the kids grow up or have a babysitter with us lol.



Monday we went to Disneyland. Of course I woke up in a sweat, freezing my butt off and had the worse sore throat ever. I felt like I had razor blades in my throat and every time I drank or ate it killed. I was so mad. Here I have been looking forward to this trip and the day of disneyland I feel like crap. Dallas suggested that I stay at the hotel but I was not about to stay and miss all the fun, so I loaded up on 8 ib profens just to touch my headache and semi get me through the day. It was pretty rough for me but I wouldn't have missed this for the world. Very thankful for Dallas who had to drag me and the kids everywhere. I wasn't much help and felt awful about it.
Of course right when we got there we had to do Buzz Light year ride. Cohen loves it.
Kenzie was so excited to see Buzz Lightyear.


Next we went to Finding Nemo since we had never done it. The line was so long and I felt like crap I almost went back to the hotel but I really wanted to see this ride. It was pretty fun.
Kenzley was so tired and fell asleep so she missed the whole ride. Afterwards we went and got some lunch which wasn't the best pizza ever but it was enough to renergize us all. We then went to Toon Town because Kenzley had to meet Minnie Mouse!



We got there and Minnie wasn't home yet so we had fun walking through her house. I'm sure Kenzley was in heaven! If you don't know her, Kenzie adores Minnie Mouse. She sleeps with her every night drags her practically every where we go.









Then we went over to Mickey's house. This is the first time that he has been home since me and Dallas have been going. We did not realize how big Mickey Mouse's house was. It was huge, we just kept walking and walking through his house.








As soon as we left Mickey's house we went in got in line at Minnies and was the first thank heaven's because the line gets long fast. Kenzley kept asking where Minnie was and got so excited when she saw Minnie come out. She blew her kisses and started clapping.



This is them driving Donald Ducks boat.
Going over to Goofey's house.










Cohen tired of waiting in the lines.
Small World ride. Woody and Jesse
Kenzley loved it's a small world she would start singing along.
Right after that we went and sat on the side of the road to watch the parade and again Kenzley got so excited to see Minnie Mouse!





Cohen waving to Tinkerbell
Kenzley wiping her face with her shirt.
Dallas offered to take pictures of the teacup ride he hates that ride and gets sick if he goes on it. I love it!
Kenzley was a work of art. She would make her self comfortable in Daddies arms waiting in the lines. It was funny how much attention Kenzley would get in the lines. People would watch her the whole time and laugh.
Cohen trying on hats. Isn't he so cute!

Peter Pan ride


All three of them couldn't pull the sword out maybe if I helped they would have gotten it.

We were waiting in the road for the fireworks and Cohen asked to take pictures I have never let him with my camera but figured why not we're just sitting her for hours and I think he did a really good job.
Then it turned into funny faces. You have to entertain yourself somehow when waiting for their shows.








We were all pooped by the end of that day but had alot of fun!




4 comments:

Nikki Taylor said...

HOW FUN!! Oh I am so jealous. I can't wait to take Jayne there when she is a little older. I am so sorry you were sick though. That is THE worst to be sick on vacation. I got sick like two days after we got home. Still not fun. I am so glad you finally got to go on your vacation. We will ALL have to go back sometime together. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the update. So many new family memories!!!

C.J. and Jackie said...

I am so glad Kinz was able to see Minnie. She had to be so happy. Can't wait to see more pictures! I'm excited to talk to Cohen about building Lightning McQueen.

Anonymous said...

My baby having fun with her babies. Could not get any better than that. I just go from on family to another reliving each of my kids blogs. They always bring me so much joy!