Saturday, December 17, 2011

Temple Square and more

Here is my cute little family eating lunch in their new clubhouse. We helped Dallas' sister move a few weekends ago and she wasn't going to take this playground to her new house so we are lucky enough to have it! Me and the kids were thrilled I have been wanting one for them for years but never got it. They have loved it. Even though it isn't all put together they still will go out there and play in it in the freezing cold weather. I also think there will be lots of lunches out there now too! Cohen thought that was such a fun thing! I can thank Stacy enough for letting us have it!
This is after church. Kenzley comes home and passes out. She didn't even make it to her bed and this was within 10 minutes of being home from church. I guess I wear her out in Nursery. This I think will be my last week in Nursery and then who knows what my next adventure will be. I have loved Nursery alot but have done it for a long time so it will be exciting to switch it up a bit! It will be interesting to see if Kenz does ok without me though.
The other night Dallas' friend Ben invited us to go up to Temple Square with them and I jumped at the offer. Dallas doesn't love to drive all the way up there and freeze our butts off in a huge crowd but it's one of those things you just do for Christmas. The weather really wasn't that bad at all. We had a great time. While we were there we went and saw the Christus and and showed the nail prints on Jesus' feet and hands. Ever since then Kenzley asks everyday to go back to the temple and touch Jesus' feet. She is always talking about his hands and feet and how she wants a hug from him. I think that is so sweet!










For our anniversary Dallas took me to the Circue de la symphonie. It was a great night! We dropped the kiddos off at Jaymies house for the night and headed up to go to the Cheesecake Factory. We were worrying about time because we didn't have time for the 55 minute wait that they had. Luckily within 3 minutes I grabbed a hightop table in the bar which was perfect we were out of there within an hour! How lucky were we! And the dinner was superb as always. Then we headed up to Salt Lake to find parking. After looking for a few minutes we found parking and headed to Abravanal Hall. We got in there and both were laughing because the majority of people there were older people. There was seriously one other younger couple. I thought it was funny. Then the show started and of course the symphony sounds amazing but they brought out all these acts. Juggling, Ribbon dancing, strongmen, contortionist, the hoop dancer. They were all amazing and I mean amazing. I had so much fun it was nice to dress up and go out for an evening instead of getting dirty and gross at the sand dunes! I forget how much I love to go to those type of shows! We headed home and rented a movie to watch and hung out and best part we could sleep through the whole night without hearing any whimpering or kids talking in their sleep or hearing them get up to go potty and we got to sleep in. It sure made me realize how much my life has changed since having kids. We didn't get too much time to ourselves before having kids so it was nice to have one night where it was all about me and Dallas! The next morning we went and got Kenzley because the day before she started running a fever and it kept getting worse. Dallas went and picked her up and brought her home and she seriously slept on the couch and watched movies all day. I felt so bad for her she was so lifeless today which is so not like her. She finally perked up tonight but it was a long day for her! Poor thing. Cohen stayed with Grandma all day and had a blast with her. However I did miss him! I love having time alone but I sure do worry about my kids the whole time and miss them. It's amazing how much you can love them! What a great week it's been! Now for Dallas' birthday next week and Christmas!

No comments: