Monday, October 7, 2013

Kenzley's first day of school, Grandpas funeral and farm date!

While we were in San Francisco Kenzley's first day of school started, so she started a week later. She has been so excited to go to school. She wants to be like her brother in every way and this is one of them, going to school. I was a little nervous at first because she has had a hard time going to sunbeams and cries, but she walked right into preschool and has never looked back. She loves it. She goes to the farm school. I'm sure she will have many fun activities outside with all the animals and learning!


Now it's just me and Brinley! Sometimes I don't know what to do with myself during her school times but it is nice to be down to one. Love all her smiles! She is such a smiley baby!



This week also was my Grandpa's funeral. It has been a pretty rough week and lots of tears have been shed but I am grateful that he is in a better place and healthy now. I will forever miss him and all that he does and is. Like I said in my last post I can't even explain in words what a great man he is!
His funeral was beautiful. Lots of people came to the viewing and my Grandma had a lot of memoribilia set up so that was fun to see. My brother spoke and gave a beautiful talk about all the things that will remind us of my Grandpa and there are so many!

At the gravesite they gave all the grandkids and great grandkids a picture of my grandpa and one of him as Santa Clause along with a bell to hang on our tree at Christmas time to remember him. I know when Christmas comes around I will have a hard time and will miss him so much. He has played Santa Clause for as long as I can remember. When I was a little girl I was able to go be his little elf and help give less fortunate families gifts. He was such a selfless man. He also even came to my kindergarten class as Santa that was cool. And for every Christmas family party we have each year he would come as Santa and I am sure going to miss that!


My Grandma and all six of her kids. My mom, Cindy, Steve, Carlene, Stan and Christy
At the luncheon afterwards. Thank you Grandpa for living such an amazing life and being the best example anyone could ever ask for. I am extremely blessed that I could call you my Grandpa Love you and Miss you!






My friend Camie has set up a calendar for us to do a fun activity for our younger two every friday. We figure we were able to do all these fun things with the older ones and now it's the younger ones turn to have special time with us. Especially since they always get dragged to the older kids activities. It's been so much fun to hang out with them. For our first activity we went to the farm at Thanksgiving Point. We had a blast!
Kenzley wasn't too sure about the cow.




Kenzley Loved her pony ride!


Wagon ride and of course Brinley is sleeping.






















Afterwards we went to lunch to have a corn dog and these two wanted to sit at their own table. Talk about the cutest little couple ever! Can't wait to do this ever week!




My smiley baby!







No comments: