Wednesday, October 2, 2013

San Francisco Trip

 Our friends that moved awhile ago and are living in their RV for the next couple of months were going to go down the west coast and we really really wanted to go. After a lot of contemplating and wishing and hoping we finally made our dream happen. Even though there were a few bumps in the road and we almost thought we weren't going to make it I am so glad that we did! We thought we had an RV to borrow but it didn't work our so by then all the RV's were rented out since it was Labor day weekend. Which was a bummer because we could have left earlier and done more but we finally were able to rent an RV Monday night. As soon as we got it we took off we were too excited to wait till the morning and the fact that it's an RV was perfect because the kids could go to bed in Beds. It was awesome!
 Here we are all so excited for our road trip!
 Cohen was so cute about less than an hour into the trip he disappeared and I found him in the back bedroom all tucked in amongst the blankets! Such a good kid! Dallas is such a trooper he drove from 10 till 5am then we stopped so he could pretty much get just a nap and then we were back on the road again by 8am.
 On the road again!
 After our long luxiourious drive we made it to San Francisco! I have been so excited about this trip because for a couple of years as a little kid I lived in Pleasantan California by Oakland. I have never been back to norther California and Dallas had never been so we were so so excited to go on this road trip! We got there about 3pm and we drove over I forgot the name of the bridge into San Francisco where we stayed at an RV resort right on the cliff of the ocean! It was awesome!

 Poor tired Dallas yet still so happy!
 The Golden Gate Bridge!
 Oh I think I remember I think this is the Bay Bridge!

 Welcome to San Francisco!
 That night we met up with our friends and went to a delicious restraunt and then drove down the famous Lombard Street!


 This was literally 20 ft away from where we were parked!
 We also rented a car so we could get around easier in San Francisco.
 Playing some xbox. Love being able to bring home with us wherever we go!
 This is how I found the kids one night sleeping. Kenz was totally crowding Cohen.
 Checking out the ocean and view!





 Of course this is still all Brinley does. She is apart of our trips I promise!
 Next day we went to China Town.

 Then we rode the trolly down Knobbs Hill to Fishermans Wharf







 Our friends rented Bicycles to ride across the Golden Gate Bridge which sounded fun but we all know how lazy me and Dallas are and I wasn't sure how we would do it with three kids especially with a baby. So we decided to do a boat ride instead that went under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz. It was awesome I am so glad we did it. Probably one of my favorite parts of the trip! And to top it off it was a perfect day no fog which is very rare for the Golden Gate Bridge! Loved it!
 Some Sea Lions on the docks.

 Alcatraz



 There were a ton of kite surfers they were fun to watch!



 See Brinley is in there!






 Then we headed over to Pier 39 to see all of the sea lions. I do remember seeing this as a kid and if you ask my kids what their favorite part was they would say the sea lions. They loved talking back to them and it was cute! There were so many there and they were so fat and huge!




 That night we tried to go find the fort but couldn't and by time we got the address it was closed. Luckily on our way back we found a beach so of course we had to stop and check it out! It was gorgeous! Sometimes I wonder why I don't live by the ocean!








 Getting ready for bed!
 The next day we were back on the road again and we took off to Pismo Beach.
 Kenzley was so cute she gave Minne to Brinley and Brinley was holding so tight on to her nose I loved it!
 Brinley spent a lot of time sleeping on the bed. I think with the constant driving it just lulled her right to sleep! She seriously was an amazing baby this entire trip. I think our friends probably only saw her awake once or twice!
 The kids watching a movie while we go. Nice and comfy!
 We to Pismo Beach and I was so excited because we could camp right on the beach right next to the ocean and best yet it was only 10 dollars how cheap is that for such a beautiful place to camp!
 Cohen immedietly went out into the ocean to play!


 Kenz was a little more hesitant than Cohen.






 I loved watching the sun setting on the beach!



 Love this picture of Dallas and Kenz

 Brinley woke up!
 That night we had a fire and had some yummy smores!

 When we got there they said the tide was low so to park way up which is nerve wracking since being in an RV we could get stuck easily but we did and boy are we glad we did. At about 1030 pm the tide came all the way up and touched one of our trailers tires and our friends RV tire. Crazy!
 Next day we spent the morning playing on the beach, sand and water!



 Dallas and Tylor took their bikes out and rode the dunes!



 Even Kenzley and Cohen got their bikes out and were able to ride for a minute!








 That afternoon we made it to Santa Barbara. We got there and had a hard time parking the RV but being the amazing Dallas he made it happen and we went to their pier and rented a big bike that we all could ride in and rode around for a bit. But we realized there was no way we could have done the bike ride across the Golden Gate Bridge! The kids had a blast!


 That night driving to our next destination Kenz was so tired and this is how she fell asleep!
The next day we went to Riverside and the boys got to ride at a track that there were 6 tracks there! They were in heaven however it was so bloody hot that day so I was so tired and overwhelmed with the heat that I forgot all about taking pictures so that was the end of our trip!
 Pictures from my phone.








 The day after we left my Grandpa had a seizure and was not doing well at all. Back in March he had a stroke and never seemed to get better from it and after this seizure they realized it was because he had a brain tumor. We decided to leave a day early from our trip and drove through the night to get home in time to say goodbye to my sweet Grandpa. We were driving through Fillmore at 2am when I got the dreaded call that he had passed. It was a hard moment for me. I cried the rest of the drive and couldn't sleep very well and the next morning I went up to visit my Grandma. My Grandpa was and is an amazing man. I know everyone says that but man he is comparable to the prophet I think. He has done so much good with his life. I hope I can do a third of what he has done! I love my Grandpa and am so blessed to call him my Grandpa. I love you Grandpa!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your trip looks like so much fun!! You guys did a ton of things! I am glad that you were able to do that. I am loving the RV, i am thinking that is the only way to travel far with kids!

Richard and Camie said...

Wow your trip looked amazing and fun! What great memories for your kiddos! I love the pics of them riding their dirt bikes on the beach, so neat!