Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Well Halloween did not go quite as planned this year. With Cohens little owie we took it really easy. Cohen did pretty good sleeping. He woke up a few times because of the pain but all in all he has been a trooper. Saturday he laid around, slept and seemed out of it most the day. We couldn't get him to eat or drink anything and boy did we try. Dallas made him shakes, soup,, we gave him candy, and anything we could think of. He would try a few things but then said it hurt to bad so he ate nothing Saturday and not much today it's been quite sad. We tried to carve our pumpkins but he was just too pooped. Of all the weekends he got hurt on halloween and can't even eat his candy, poor kid! Then with the weather we almost didn't go out and trick or treat. We asked Cohen if he wanted to go and he said no. We went to Marty and Katies house and had these amazing potato soup bowls at. They were delicious. Cohen kept seeing all the trick or treaters and decided he wanted to venture out. We went back to our house to dress them up and only made it from our house back down to Martin's. At least he got a couple of houses in.
I have been wanting to put curlers in Kenzley's hair for awhile now and I finally bought some. I did it and it worked but then she took a nap woke up and all the curls were gone. She was still pretty cute though!






Cohen was so tired he leaned over me and fell asleep for a few minutes. My poor baby.
It was hard for Cohen to go up stairs and walk because his sight was very limited, so we put him up on Dallas' shoulders which worked out much better.
Kenzley trying to crawl in her costume! I forgot to mention in the prior post that Dallas made these costumes. I have to brag for a minute about how amazing he is. He has always wanted to do Monsters Inc and him be Sully. Sadly we couldn't find a sully costume nor material to make a sully costume so we just did the kids. I think they turned out pretty cute. Cohen has been very excited to be Mike Wasowski. As for Kenzley she looks like Boo so it was a perfect combination. Dallas put alot of hard work into these costumes there were a few nights of staying up until 3:30 in the morning and many many hours. I felt bad they only got to wear them for a short while. They were the hit of the neighborhood. I am so amazed by all of his talents who knew he was that creative and that handy with a sewing machine. I only wish I could do that stuff but I guess that's why I married him so he can do it!



Kenzley loving her hard earned airhead!
All in all we had a pretty good Halloween, hope everyone else had a great weekend!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I still can't believe those costumes. Totally amazed. I am glad Cohen is feeling better. My kids have been all worried about it!! Ha ha! So we need to have him come play this week. I will call you!

Nikki Taylor said...

Poor kid...those pictures of Cohen break my heart. Sounds like we had the same kind weekend, minus the stitches. Disappointing but...it's life! And Kenzley is such a babe. Seriously...you guys are in trouble when she gets older!

Unknown said...

The costumes were amazing and the kids are darling. It is awful about Cohen not being able to enjoy this Halloween. There is next year!

Melanie and Ernie said...

Poor little guy :( and what and adorable little girl, love the curlers!!