Friday, October 29, 2010

Pre Halloween and ER visit

What a week it has been and it's not even over! We started off going to Thriller of course. That is my one thing that I have to do every year. I love dance productions and plays but we don't go too much except for this we have made a yearly tradition which I love. I am so happy that Dallas enjoys going and I love listening to him laugh through out it and knowing that he sincerely likes it! This year we went with my brother and his wife and had a lot of fun!
Kenzley loves her walker! Kenz will crawl underneath it, stand on it and then to sit in it and be pushed around by Cohen. Kenzley is starting to stand on her own now so we are going to work with her walking. I think she will be walking in november which is crazy at how fast she is growing up!

Cohen had his preschool Halloween party and I was lucky enough to be the mother helper that day. They had alot of fun from treats and games, to movies and an outside parade. I was quite nervous to have Cohen in his costume because Dallas has put a ton of hard work into it and cares more about it than his truck. I was nervous Cohen would trip or other kids would break it. We managed and did good with no owies that day.
Cohen loves his teacher Mrs. Farr and she does a great job! All the little kids are so cute and amazing. I am loving this time!









Friday night was our ward trunk or treat. We wanted to decorate the trailer as the Scare training room with a big door for Monsters Inc. No luck with the door but set up the bed for Scare training, where new Monsters scare the person in the bed. It didn't quite work out as well as we would have liked but it's the thought that counts right?!



The Trunk or Treat started out great. The kids and I went around to all the trunks and were just finishing up to go eat doughnuts and visit when something not so fun happened. Cohen jumped off of the ramp (which he knows is a huge no no we always get after him for it, but kids dont always listen) of the trailer and his teeth must have gone through his tongue. At first I thought it was just a bloody nose but then Dallas saw that it was more. Blood was pouring out of his mouth. I visit teach a sister in the ward who works at the ER, I went to find her to see if it was serious enough to take him there. As we were walking over to Cohen she said "usually they can't stitch up tongues" but when she saw Cohen's she said you better go! She called the ER and let them know that we were coming. We were lucky enough to have some friends who offered to take Kenzley for us while we went to the hospital. Thank you Jed and Heather! We got to the hospital and the nurses and doctors were amazing. Cohen did just as well. I was impressed with how put together he was. When it happened he cried and it took a little longer than usual to calm him down but heck he seriously put a hole in his tongue. At the hospital Cohen was fantastic. He never cried , he did everything they asked (which is saying alot for Cohen, he usually hates going to the doctors) but he did great. Even the nurses and doctors commented on how well he did. The doctor had to give him a shot to sedate him for the stitches. I was shocked at how fast it put him to sleep. It was kind of creepy to watch because all of a sudden he was out but his eyes were still open. There is a picture that will show you that. The doctor sewed his tongue right up with 5 stitches and right as he finished the sedation started to wear off. It was kind of sad watching him wake up. His eyes looked miserable and sad. It took awhile for him to talk and when he did he was funny. He kept looking at me and saying "you have blue eyes" and he would point and show me where I had eyes. Apparently I had a few! He also felt his tongue and said look I don't have a hole anymore. Once he woke up enough we were able to take him home and he is such a big boy he wanted to get down and walk but he tried and didn't so much happened. He was still a little wobbly. We got home picked up Kenzley then put them to bed and that is where we are at now. He woke up a little bit ago crying asking for medicine for his tongue. Poor kid I feel so bad. We will see how tomorrow goes and what other halloween things we will do. As soon as we were done at the hospital he asked if we could go back and trunk or treat! We said that all the other kids had gone home. He is a funny kid just wanted to get back to the fun.



It would open up even more than that. It was pretty gross but boy was he a trooper!
This is when he was sedated.
This is him waking up.

Videos of Kenz crawl/walking like Mowgli and Kenzley pushing her lion.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very sad you all had to go through this. Part of being a parent. Funny it could have happened anywhere, anytime. You all did a good job.

Melanie and Ernie said...

Oh my gosh..I am SO glad that it wasn't worse. I hope he gets better and that he will be able to taste things ok for the rest of his life. PS CUTE LITTLE KIDS!!!!!

ernie said...

i would have loved to sew that up