Friday, July 10, 2009

West Fest and more fun!

So my mom has been in charge of West Fest which is West Valley Cities Big day where they do the carnival and parade and such. My mom is in charge of all the booths. She did a great job this year and there were tons of booths with lots of fun things she even did one on her own where she sold her amazing burp clothes and bath towels, magnet boards, magnets and hats for kids. She is a very creative lady and did a nice job! We went up there and she got us passes for all the rides which they had a ton of rides for kids and Cohen absolutely loved them he may have even loved these rides better than Disneyland! His favorite was the roller coaster he could have ridden that all day! Except for I wasn't able to ride that one I was a little bummed cause I stood in line with him figuring it would be easier for me to do rides with Cohen than Dallas because Dallas broke his heel at motorcross the week before so he is basically a gimp right now and was in a wheel chair that day so he wasn't hopping everywhere. So I'm about to get on and they ask not to be rude but are you pregnant and I said yes and they said well you can't ride the ride then I was like bummer so Dallas had to hop up there to take Cohen but Cohen loved it! Then we went and rode a big pirate ship that goes really high and just swings back and forth and oh man that made me so naseous! They should have told me no on that ride! Afterwards most of the rides were just for Cohen! Him and Cayman had a blast on them and it was fun watching them run from ride to ride. On one of the spinning ones Cj and Cory took Cohen cause Dallas gets sick on spinning rides and I was still naseous from the pirate ship and Cohen loves spinning rides he was just a giggling I wish I could have got pictures but it was moving so much! Needless to say we had lots of fun at West Fest even though me being a pregnant woman had to push my gimpy husband with Cohen on his lap in a wheelchair on the grass in 90 degrees weather. I have been so worn out since Dal got hurt cause there is so much more to do, from getting him in and out of places and carrying him from the couch to bed and making chocolate milk and ib profen and getting ice every night, not too mention still puking and having to chase a 2 year old! Oh the joys of being a mother sometimes lol but I love it and wouldn't have it any other way!
Later that night we went to Lehi's rodeo with Devin and Monica and luckily Devin carried Dallas so I didn't have too! That was alot of fun as well!
For the fourth of July weekend Dallas' sister Stacey and her family were in town for their son Dakota's baseball tournament so me and Cohen went to his game Friday and then we all three went to his game on Saturday. I wish I would have taken my camera and got some pictures. Cohen loves watching these kids play. We have been to a few of their soccer games and now baseball games and those are the only sports besides motorcross of course that Cohen cares about. He has jammies with all the balls on them and he calls them either his soccer ball jammies or baseball jammies. It is so adorable. But he loves watching them play. Saturday I think he was having a hard time because he wanted to go in the outfield and play so bad. He would keep try running out there and Uncle Louie would have to grab him before he went out there. One of the times when I chased him out there I yelled Cohen what are you doing, and he turned around and said to me with such disgust mom I play! I was laughing so hard he was so determined to go and play! I can't wait till he is old enough and it's his games we are attending. He does have quite an arm for being a two year old! Hopefully next time I will get some pictures. Then the kids stayed longer with Grandma Jaymie so we were able to go to the Open house of the temple out in Herriman I think we were and that was pretty cool to take kids and see what they thought. Oakley who is 11 and she will be going to the temple next year when she becomes a young woman loved the sealing room. Dakota who I think is 9 he loved the Celestial room and the both loved the mirrors and little Chloe who is 5 loved the brides room of course. It was fun to see what they had to say about the temple at their different ages. I am actually really glad I went with them and was a part of that. It took me back to when I first went to the temple and the special feels you have then and it also took me back to when we were sealed as a family. Every time I go in a sealing room I get teary eyed because it brings back those amazing feeling I had the day we were sealed together as a family! I truly believe that the rest of our kids were in that room cheering us on! After that fun experience Dallas met up with us after getting his MRI on his foot which by the way he doesn't have to get a screw and a plate so no surgery which makes us all so happy but it will take all summer for his foot to heal so no more motorcross for him. He is pretty bummed. but after all that we went swimming with the kids and Cohen just loves swimming. We sure love when the Burt kids are in town, they are seriously some of the most well behaved and nice helpful kids I have ever met! I hope all my kids can be just like them!
The last few pictures are of boating. We have been going quite a bit and it's been my first time out on Utah lake. Dallas loves that lake me not so much I think it's gross and dirty. So I am just fine relaxing in the boat. And poor Dal he can't get out in the water this summer is just going to kill him not having a foot. He tried surfing the first day we went out before he knew for sure his foot was broke and it was hilarious. He was just yelling ow ow ow ow, and then he finally just sat on the surf board! I love him he makes me laugh. Well there is some of our summer hopefully I will take the camera out more so I can share more of our fun experiences!
















5 comments:

Cari said...

You carry Dallas? I have to say that is amazing!! Sounds like you are having a great summer! When do you find out the baby's gender?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the up date. I was so happy my "Westfest baby" was able to come. It brought back so many memories of Westfest opening morning I was at Utah Valley Hospital with my beautiful and special daughter shortly after she delivered my first grandson. It was such a special day. I can remember Dallas sleeping in the bed chair as Candice and I basked in the joy and welcoming Cohen. Westfest will always be special because of Cohen. It was so fun to have your family come and to be able to show off Cohen, we is now dubbed as the Westfest baby. I love you guys and was so happy to visit with you 2 weeks in a row.

Love you a ton. Lit'l Grandma Connie

wuxiheather said...

I guess I am not up to date, but CONGRATULATIONS! I didn't know you're pregnant! It looks like you're due just 30 days after me according to your baby counter. I'm due Nov. 11. Do you know what it is yet? We're having a girl. Well anyway, we should get together sometime! I think the last time I saw you was at my bridal shower or something!

Coby and KaeDawn said...

Looks like you are having lots of fun.. we need to get together soon..I miss you guys!!

Anonymous said...

You guys have been having such a fun summer!! We need to make a trip up and go to the lake with ya sometime! It was so fun seeing you guys at the games, & I loved your comments about my kids. I always wonder how they act when I'm not around. What you said made me feel very proud of my kids! Thanks. Cohen is getting so big, we miss you guys and can't wait to hear what your baby is!
Love Ya!