Thursday, June 16, 2016

Swim Lesson



 I got the kids signed up for swim lessons this year. Mostly the girls needed it and Cohen just needed a quick refresher.


 Kenz did great!





















 Now Brin on the other hand. She jumped right in the water was super excited she even floated amazing at first but when he turned her around she freaked out and never stopped after that. It was so sad and frustrating because she started out awesome to not awesome at all!

 It literally looked like she was doing sit ups because he was holding her feet still and she would be trying to sit up.
 Needless to say she was not happy with me at all afterwards. But I do love that bottom lip sticking out.

 Kenz trying to console her since she wouldn't have a thing to do with me.

 And it wiped her out!
 So afterwards we met with our friends at the rec center to have fun swimming.






















We had so much fun with our friends.
 Then afterwards we had to get lunch so we went and ate at arbs


Back to swim lessons and now brin in sucking on her thumb! she is so nervous


 Brinley was still not having floating. I signed her up for 40 mins thinking surly she will get tired and stop fighting and just float. Nope she fought the whole time. So then she took Cohen's 20 mins still fought. So then the teacher had Cohen come in for his last 20 mins and kept Brin in there trying to hold her on her back and she still fought it I couldn't believe it. Then afterwards I was so upset and was not going to let her win that I took her straight to the rec center and I tried working with her for another hour and she fought me the whole time! You would think she would get tired but nope she just refuses to float!














 Cohen on the other hand did awesome!

























 Cohen learning race dives


 Brinley still fighting. It went on for a week straight

 We could get her to float but she would still kick her legs but I think that is as good as it is going to get
One time she got tangled up in the hose and that was the first time she relaxed and floated!



 I decided it was time to get the girls a hair cut it was getting long and straggly.

 Except I forgot to do an after picture. But we went to get ice cream after of course!

 Dad riding with Kenz





 We stopped at the sand dunes to visit some friends and they let us take their rzr for a ride and my girls loved it! They giggled the whole time!




 Back to swimming lessons. I thought I would let her keep her binkie and it helped a little bit. We finally moved on into her jumping in the water and learning how to roll to her back and then she is suppose to swim to the side but her had up on the side roll over and get out. It's actually very smart teaching toddlers to do that in case they fall in a pool that they can get themselves out. I was so impressed with watching babies younger then Brin jump off the diving board get on their back and swim to the side. It is incredible but I guess I have a stubborn baby! grrr











No comments: