Friday, April 11, 2014

Spring Break

 Poor Brinley gets shut out of all the fun. She has found out that there is a whole other side of the house. Now she will crawl from the family room and try to get in the kids rooms. Kenzley had a friend over and they were playing with the polly pockets so she shut the door so that Brin couldn't crawl in and get any of the toys. Brinley was pretty sad.
 Cohen had his Spanish Program. He did an excellent job. They sang some spanish songs and then danced with a partner. I will have to get the picture from Dallas' phone of Cohen and his cute partner. He sure loves the Spanish Immersian Program.

 Now that Brinley can sit herself up this is how she sleeps. Before I could lay her on her tummy and have her tucked in and she would stay tucked in all night. Well not anymore, she sits up and then leans forward and sleeps like that. I don't know how she is comfortable but she is I guess.
 This week was Spring Break and since we werent' going anywhere I decided to do a stay cation and I had something fun for the kids to do everyday. The first day Grandma took them to a movie which helped so I could get the house cleaned and lawn mowed for the week. They had a fun time at the movie and at lunch with Grandma.
Tuesday last minute I decided to take them to Discovery Gateway. We usually don't get up there too often because it's far away and pretty pricey. But I figured it's been awhile since we have gone and they would love it. Well they did all four hours of it! The first 2 hours were busy with field trips of kids. There were so many and it was such a mess and they were not well behaved at all. But the last two hours were awesome! My kids of course loved the construction site, we stayed there for probably an hour total for the day. They had so much fun there and I have to say Kenz makes a really cute construction worker. She loved wearing the vest.








 Then we went and played in the house. Kenzley found a dog that she fell in love with.
 Looking for the mouse in his home.

 Sending mail
 Cohen is such a good reader and he loves to read everything now. He grabbed a book and sat down to read it.
 The kitchen was trashed and my ocd was starting to bug me so I told my kids to clean up some of it and take the groceries back to the grocery store. I really don't think I have super bad ocd but everywhere now and then I can't stand messes and have to fix things or have things a certain way or it will drive me crazy! Dallas sure likes to bug me about it to and it's so annoying! But I thought it was sweet that my kids listened and we cleaned up a little bit.


 Planting food.
 The kids playing news anchors.
 The kids put on a show for me!


 Brinley was loving playing with the blocks



 We built a bed.
 Kenzley feeding the horse his hay. She kept taking the hay back and forth between the horse and a truck.



 Brinley fell asleep so we went back to the construction site which there were not many kids now so it was awesome!
 Rock climbing.
 I kept trying to get Kenzley to go to the grocery store because I knew she would love it and she wouldn't. Finally at the end she did and she was having a blast but  now it was time to go.





 Wednesday was going to be the bets weather day so I invited my sister n laws to go to the zoo. We went and the weather was amazing but I think everyone else had the same idea so it was pretty crowded, but as always the zoo is a good time!











 This was by far Brinley's favorite part of the day. I put her on and she was all smiles and giggles. So cute!

 Thursday me and Jackie went to the new aquarium. It was pretty fun. That is also a pricey activity so I doubt we will do it very often. I think Kenz was starting to get tired from all our activities so she wasn't as into it as I thought she would have been. It was also busy there since it's still fairly new. All in all we had a good time!
















 Brin was having fun eating her toes! That night we had a barbeque with the Ikers I wish I got pictures but it was so much fun to have them over. We haven't done that and I am going to miss them so much when we move.
 Friday we decided to go to the park in Spanish Fork and have a picnic. It was so hot, I think the kids even got a little pink.


 Kenz loved sliding down these bars she did it at least 30 times! We definitely had a fun busy spring break! And the weather made it even more enjoyable!

No comments: